Pages

Tips for Your Daily Hair Routine

This is a requested post on my daily hair routine! I do this every other day! I hope you all enjoy :)




1) Shampoo/Conditioner
 For Shampoo/Conditioner I usually find my self reaching on the shelf for Fruitopia Silk&Shine Shampoo/Conditioner. It's extremely inexpensive ($3-4 a bottle) and works better than any drugstore shampoo I've tried! Its important not to use the same Shampoo/Conditioner for too long. Once you run out, try another brand and then maybe switch back later. This is because the chemicals in Shampoos that make your hair smooth and shiny start to have no effect on your hair after a 7-14 days depending on your hair! So I usually switch off every other week to Aussie Moist shampoo/conditioner. Which is a little on the expensive side at an average of $9 a bottle but it work very well also!


2) Leave-In Conditioner
After I get out of the shower, I towel dry my hair until it is moist and then I apply a leave in conditioner. This really makes your hair stronger, repairs split ends, and leaves a silky texture which you'll love! I have been using the Infusium 23 leave in condtioner for as long as I can remember! Its a miracle in a bottle and it costs around $5! A bottle will probably last you around twenty uses! After I put about the size of a quarter in my hair, I brush it out!





3) Air Dry
I always do steps 1&2 the night before! I almost NEVER blow dry my hair! It leaves my hair really dry, and damages it so much! So I usually air dry it for about an hour or two then I go to bed and when I wake up its dry&smooth.


4) Heat Protection
This step is extremely important if you don't want split ends when applying heat in your hair. I just spray an even amount of product over my hair, then brush it in. Not too much though, you don't want you hair to be damp! I use Pantene heat protectant which you can get at your local drug store for $6-8! Reduced my split ends by a lot!




5) Straighten
Straightening my hair is something I do really often. Its a really simple look for me and my hair is naturally pretty straight it just has a bit of a wave that I'm not too fond of. It usually takes me about 10-15 minutes and I split my hair evenly into four sections. I'm sure most of you know how to straighten hair but if not you can view this instructional video that I found on YouTube! I use the Farouk CHI Nano Digital Flat Iron 1" which I purchased it at this awesome hair tool site called http://www.misikko.com! Definitely check it out!



6) Anti-Humidity Cream
Now this step is completely optional but if its a moist day out or if your
hair frizzes really easily, I recommend using some sort of anti-humidity cream
so there are no little baby hairs sticking up! It also leaves your hair really shiny
 and moisturized! I use Garnier Fructis "Sleek and Shine" anti-humidity cream
and it has worked really well with my hair! Its around $4 and you can get it at
your drugstore!


And Your Done!


I hope you guys enjoyed this post! I do this every other day and it works wonders for my hair (picture at top of post!). Let me know what you thought or join the mailing list by E-mailing me at emlovesbeauty@yahoo.com. Also follow this site on our twitter account! Thanks to every reader for making our page have 13,000 views in just one week! Woo hoo!

Xoxo,
Em :)

DISCLAIMER: I am in no way affiliated with any of the companies/products mentioned. These are my own personal opinions and I am not be compensated for this or any of the "Em Loves Beauty" posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I'm always looking for new blogs to follow so make sure to leave your link so I can check it out!